Resilience-Building Leadership Model
The Resilience Building Leadership Model™ is a taxonomy of 12 leader practices that build resilience in an organization.
Leader Strategic Practices
- Build cohesion: Teamwork requires trust and mutual respect among peers.
- Create a positive climate: Leaders earn trust, enforce discipline, show respect, and have fun.
- Instill a sense of purpose: Purpose answers the question…why?
Leader Supporting Practices
- Demonstrate character: Moral courage, humility, empathy, and honesty.
- Win the affection of subordinates: Show genuine concern and build relationships.
- Empower subordinate leaders: Demand leadership from everyone.
- Provide realistic and challenging training: Build competence and confidence.
- Manage expectations: Imagine the worst-case scenario and prepare for it.
- Keep subordinates informed: Face-to-face communication is best.
- Share risks with subordinates and stay calm under pressure.
- Talk about setbacks and keep teams moving through obstacles.
- Focus on the mission and do not second-guess decisions.